Children’s Sample Activity Programme
Click on the link to see a YouTube Video.
- Standby activities (in case of bad weather): Toby World & Buddies indoor play areas/ Video / Cinema
- Irish dancing and traditional music sessions alternate all through the summer: one of the aims is to produce a short5 minute piece for the performance on Friday
- Arts and crafts and drama collaborate on a weekly project to produce a short ten minute piece (play or poetry or sketch) for the weekly performance.
Performance (Fridays 11:20-12:00)
Every Friday there is a short performance for the benefit of the children’s parents between 11:20 and 12:00. It is held in the ‘kidz Zone’ at the back of the school. All children participate in this performance even if they are not doing afternoon activities. Every class rehearses one song to sing during the morning sessions. Those children who are doing the afternoon activities can also perform a small section of an irish jig or a small traditional musical piece; in addition they can perform a very short sketch or play that they will have rehearsed in the drama class hopefully using some of the art work they created in the arts and crafts session.
- 11:20-11:40 Songs from each class
- 11:40-11:45 Irish dancing/ tin whistle performance
- 11:45-11:55 short play
- 11:55-12:00 certificate ceremony for those who are leaving that week