General English Language Course + Afternoon Activities (GE3)
Killarney has so much to offer!
The English Plus Activities Programmes are designed for those students that wish to take part in a group class in the mornings but would also like to enjoy the school’s interesting and varied afternoon activity programme. The Programme includes a Saturday Day Trip.
The English Plus Activities Course is available for all students; to adults (18 +), teenagers (13-17) and to small children (3-12) Adult English classes are held in the main school building opposite Killarney National Park. Children’s classes are held in the ‘Kidzone‘ on the same site. Teenage English classes are held at our teenage school in Lisivigeen, Killarney.
|Course Name||English Plus Activities (GE3)|
|Age Requirement||3 +|
|Level Requirement||None: 6 different levels available from Beginner to Advanced|
|Course Length||As required by the student|
|Timetable||15 hours General English (Group Class); 15 hours activities + Saturday Day Trip|
|Average Group Size||Available Easter and Summer only
09.45 am-1pm (GE); 2-5 pm (Activities) Mon-Fri
|Easter: 1-6 students (mornings)
July-Aug: Adults 6-10 students (mornings)
July-Aug:Teens 10-15 students (mornings)
July-Aug:Children 6-12 students (mornings)
|Price||€550 per week|
NOTE: The activity programmes are also available on a part-time basis for adults and small children. This means that it is possible to pick and choose activities from the listing available on the first day of the programme and to pay per activity rather than sign up to the whole activity programme.
Family courses for adults, teenagers and children age 3-12 run from June 21 to September 4.
Please see a short YouTube video of families discussing our Afternoon Activities.
What are the different Afternoon Activity Programmes?
The adult programme has more of a cultural emphasis including visits to Ross Castle, Muckross House, Geraldine Museum as well as outdoor activities such as cycling and walks in the National Park.
The teenage programme has more of a sports emphasis including playing indoor volleyball and basketball,learning how to play Gaelic football and tag rugby as well as other fun activities such as kayaking, scavenger hunts Please see 2020 Provisional Teenager’s Activity Programme Summer 2020 (3)
The children programme has more of an educational focus with activities such as arts and crafts, drama, Irish dancing, nature trails as well as fun activities such as visits to indoor and outdoor play areas and animal farms Please see 2020 Provisional Children’s Activity Programme Summer 2020 (1)
What are the family Day Trips?
Also included is a GE3 Activity Programme every Saturday is a day trip to one of the following destinations:
- Day Trip to Glengarriff boat trip over to Garnish Island; a paradise of gardens and tropical plants.
- Day Trip to the quaint picturesque town of Dingle; boat trip to see Fungi the dolphin with its magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean
- Day Trip to Kenmare and Star Sailing cruise into Kenmare Bay to see the grey seals and other unique wildlife
- Sightseeing visit to Cork including trip to the famous English Market.
What are the Teenage Day trips?
- Ballyhass Lakes Adventure Centre
- Eclipse Activity & Adventure Cente
- Surfing at Inch Beach with Kingdom Waves Surf School
- Day Trip to the quaint picturesque town of Dingle
All activities are performed through the medium of English and are closely supervised by school staff, often teachers themselves.
Prices also include:
- All course materials
- An information pack on arrival
- Bus transport to and from school
- Wifi and internet access (adults only)
- A certificate of attendance and achievement on completion of course
- Free bike rental on a first come first served basis
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want information on our other courses please click here
If you wish to book a courses please click here