Academic Year Programmes
Work & Study in Killarney
This programme is designed for students who have more time at their disposal to learn English and who wish to become proficient in English by being immersed in the language and in the culture for a long period of time. After school, there are many things to do in Killarney.
|Course Name||Academic Year Programme|
|Level Requirement||None: 6 different levels available from Beginner to Advanced (A1-C1).Please see a YouTube Playlist describing the different levels we teach to adults.|
|Course Length||AY2 – 25 weeks|
|Content||15 hours General English (Group Class)|
|Timetable||Classes available all year Sept-June: 10am-1pm Mon-Fri July-Aug: 2-5pm Mon-Fri|
|Average Group Size||Sept-June: 1-6 students (mornings)
July-Aug: 6-10 students (mornings)
July- Aug: 1-6 students (afternoons)
|Price||AY2 – €3000|
On arrival, students are tested and a specific study programme is created for them taking into account their level of English, their aim for the term of the programme and the length of time they are here to study.Students can commence any one of the above programmes at any time of year and we can integrate preparation for any of the Cambridge Examinations (IELTS / PET / FCE/CAE) into any of the terms, provided the student has the appropriate level of English on entry. There are opportunities to take either of these examination in December, March or June at University College Cork, our local testing centre. (The above costs do not include examination fees)
There are many accommodation options available in Killarney including host families, self-catering, B & Bs, hotels and apartments. One of the most popular options for those in long-stay programmes is to stay with a host family for the first few weeks and then to find an apartment or room in a house, sharing with others for the remainder of their stay. Killarney School of English can give advice and help in finding such an apartment or room when they make the decision to change.
Prices also include:
- All course materials and books
- Preparation towards Cambridge FCE and CAE examinations if desired (enrolment fee not included)
- Free transport on arrival from Killarney train or bus station
- An information pack with maps and guides.
- A tour of Killarney Town centre within the first week of arrival at the school
- WiFi and internet access
- Advice on university placement and English language examinations
- Advice and help on finding appropriate accommodation
- A certificate of attendance and achievement on course completion
- Free bike rental on a first come first served basis
Fees to NOT include.
· Medical Health Insurance. If you wish us to arrange this, this usually costs €70. This has to be paid before arrival.
· Text book. After one week when we are sure of your level, you will have to purchase your course text book. We can help you do this. You will need to buy new versions of these textbooks to get the code to access online materials. All text books costs c €25-30. Depending on your level, you will have to purchase
o Level A0-A2 – Practical Grammar Level 1
o Level B1 – Destination B1
o Level B2 – C1 Destination B2
Please see a YouTube playlist of Long Term students describing living, working and studying in Killarney.