General English Standard Course for Adults
Our Most Popular Course
The Standard Course is available for all adult students (18+) Adult English classes are held in the main school building opposite Killarney National Park. All courses cover the four skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing with a specific emphasis on improving oral communication. Materials are taken from a whole range of diverse texts in order to tailor-make the course to each group of students.
|Course Name||Standard Course (GE1)|
|Age Requirement||18 +|
None: 6 different levels available from Beginner to Advanced (A1-C1)
See Youtube Playlist of the different levels.
|Course Length||As required by the student|
|Content||15 hours General English (Group Class)|
|Timetable||Adults: Classes available all year 9.45 am –1pm; Mon-Fri|
|Average Group Size||
Sept-June: 1-6 students
July-Aug: Adults 6-10 students
|Price||€300 per week|
Who are the teachers?
All our teachers are experienced English language teachers with university degrees and appropriate English language teacher qualifications. All our teachers are native speakers from Ireland, England and America and are culturally very sensitive. The school directors have been teaching for more than 25 years and also have an MA in TESOL each.
- More details at here
- Please see a short YouTube video of adult students describing their English teachers.
Will my English level improve?
That depends on you! We will do our best to help you improve your English language level. Please see YouTube video of students discussing their English level improvement.
Video Reference from Adult Students:
Please see below a YouTube Playlist of short videos of former students describing their experiences in the School of English.
Fees also include:
- All course materials
- An information pack on arrival
- Bus transport to and from school
- Wi-Fi and internet access
- A certificate of attendance and achievement on completion of course
- Free bike rental on a first come first served basis
- Free access to the self-access room with readers, Exam Papers, Pronunciation guides, Reading and Writing Practice, Grammar and Vocabulary Practice, DVDs and English Language Magazines.
Would you like more information?
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want information on our other courses please click here
If you wish to book a courses please click here