Live with your family in Killarney for an Academic year.
Would you like to study with us while you children attend a local Irish school? The AY2 course offers you 25 weeks of General English at our school at Killarney National Park. Please see details below. Your child can enrol in a local school. For children age 3-12 you can enrol them in a local primary school. These are often called National Schools. You can contact the schools yourself and there should be no enrolment charge. You would have to pay for school books and uniforms etc. Or you can ask a local company Munster Educational Travel to help you They will charge you for this service. There are links to the local primary schools.
In Killarney Town
Within 5 km of Killarney town (you would need a car)
Please see a Google Map of National Primary School in or near Killarney.
There are three secondary Schools in Killarney for children usually from age 13-18. We would advise you use Munster Educational Travel if you wish to enrol your child in one of these school.
Boys and Girls
Also, after school, there are many Things to do in Killarney
English Academic Year (AY2) Course Summary:
|Course Name||Academic Year Programme|
|Level Requirement||None: 6 different levels available from Beginner to Advanced (A1-C1) There is a short YouTube playlist of the some of the different English language levels we offer classes at for adults.|
|Course Length||25 weeks|
|Content||15 hours General English (Group Class)|
|Timetable||Classes available all year Sept-June: 09.45 am-1pm Mon-Fri July-Aug: 2-5pm Mon-Fri|
|Average Group Size||Sept-June: 1-6 students (mornings) July- Aug: 1-6 students (afternoons)|
|Price||AY2 – €3000 (This course allows you to stay in Ireland for 8 months)|
This course is on the Irish Government’s Interim Lisit of Eligible Programmes to obtain a Visa.
Please see a YouTube playlist of Long Term students describing living, working and studying in Killarney.
Where can I live?
There are many accommodation options available in Killarney including host families, self-catering, B & Bs, hotels and apartments. One of the most popular options for those in long-stay programmes is to stay with a host family for the first few weeks and then to find an apartment or room in a house, sharing with others for the remainder of their stay. Killarney School of English can give advice and help in finding such an apartment or room when they make the decision to change.
Prices also include:
- All course materials and books
- Preparation towards Cambridge FCE and CAE examinations if desired (enrolment fee not included)
- An information pack with maps and guides.
- WiFi and internet access
- Advice on university placement and English language examinations
- Advice and help on finding appropriate accommodation
- A certificate of attendance and achievement on course completion
- Free bike rental on a first come first served basis
- Free access to the self-access room with Graded Readers, Exam Papers, Pronunciation guides, Reading and Writing Practice, Grammar and Vocabulary Practice, DVDs and English Language Magazines.
If you need to get a visa?
The procedure for enrolment for non-EU students is as follows:
Step 1 Complete an application form and send it to us. You can apply on line here
Step 2 We will send an invoice to you
Step 3 Send payment to the school’s account and complete the placement test here
Step 4 As soon as the placement test and payment are received, we will forward a letter of invitation for your visa.
Step 5 If visa is refused, fees are refunded less bank charges and a €100 administration fee.
What are the rules?
The full tuition fee must be paid in advance in order to be granted an acceptance letter. This acceptance letter must show a local address in the Killarney area. If you do not have accommodation arranged, we can organise this for you in a host family. This acceptance letter will be needed for you to be granted a visa from the nearest Irish embassy. This will enable you to enter Ireland and you will then have to get a student visa within one month. We can help you with this.
What do I require to get a visa when I am in Killarney?
– A school letter confirming that you have a place on the course – A letter from your bank in Ireland showing that you have more than €3000 in your account (You can open a bank account after you arrive here and the school can give you a letter to help you open this account) – Full medical insurance. The policy must be in English. We can help with this if necessary. If we arrange this it costs €100 (€65 for 8 months) – €300 fee to be paid to the Immigration authorities by credit card
Please see here for further information and full terms and conditions.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com
If you want information on our other courses please click here
If you wish to book a courses please click here