(Time: 1 hour)
First Name (required)
Family Name (required)
Age at time of study (required)
Booking Number or Group Name
(Total of 20 marks)
1. Look at the pictures and the words below and write the sentences. (5 marks)
a) Where is the pencil? It is
b) Where is the doll? It is
c) Where is the teddy bear? It is
d) Where is the car? It is
e) Where is the ball? It is
2. Answer the questions about the picture. Use FULL sentences. There is one example below. (5 marks)
a) How many dogs are there? There are two dogs.
b) What is the man doing?
c) What is the boy doing?
d) What is the girl wearing?
e) Where are the family?
f) What is the woman eating?
3. Read this. Write a word that you think is good next to numbers 1-5. There is one example there can be more than one answer. (5 Marks)
In the school holidays, I have a shower before breakfast every morning but sometimes my brother doesn’t!
We’re very good at sport so we often play (1) in the mornings.
We never (2) movies on TV in the holidays because it is too good to be outside.
We like fishing in the (3) in the holidays too, but we never catch any big fish!
We go to the beach too and spend most of the day building (4) !
We have a boat and sometimes we go (5) with our father in it. I love the holidays!
4. Make full sentences from this table. One example is given. (5 marks)
1) You can use crayons to draw a picture.
1. Correct each of these sentences. The first one is an example. (5 marks)
Example: I doesn’t like this film. - I don’t like this film.
a) What do you wants?
b) Jim sometimes walk to school.
c) When the lesson begins?
d) Does you get up early on Saturdays?
e) Tina not like computer games.
2. Put one word in each space. The first one is an example. (5 mark)
Example: What do you usually eat for lunch?
a) George and Terry speak Portuguese. They speak English.
b) It’s 9:30 and the children sitting in the classroom.
c) I see you tomorrow!
d) Ken like tea. In fact, he hates it!
e) Next year, we visit London on our holidays.
3. Put the verbs in this story into the past tense. (5 marks)
Last Saturday afternoon, I (go) to the cinema with my father.
On the wall outside the cinema, there (is) a big picture of the film.
Dad (buy) our tickets and an ice cream for me, then we (sit) down.
The film was about a famous pirate. He (have) a curly, brown moustache!
Last year Max went to America. He travelled by plane. He stayed in New York for one week. He liked it very much. He saw the statue of liberty, he took lots of photographs and he bought nice presents for his friends at home.
4. Write questions about Max. The first one is an example. (5 marks)
1) Where did he go last year? To America.
2) ? By plane.
3) ? For one week.
4) ? Yes, he did.
5) ? The Statue of Liberty.
6) ? Nice presents.
5. Read the conversation and fill in the word you think is good. You can use one or two words. The first one is an example. (5 marks)
Shopkeeper: Can I help you?
Richard: Yes, I’d (1) some apples please.
Shopkeeper: (2) would you like?
Richard: 4 please.
Shopkeeper: Anything else?
Richard: Yes, (3) I have some grapes please?
Shopkeeper: Of course, here you are.
Richard: Do you have (4) pears?
Shopkeeper: Yes, here you are.
Richard: (5) is that please?
Shopkeeper: That’s 13 euro please.
Richard: Thank you. Goodbye.
1. Do you have a favourite book? Write about it. These questions will help you. (5 marks)
What is your favourite book called?
When did you read it?
What is the book about? What is the story?
Who are the people in the book?
Why do you like the book?
YOU HAVE NOW COMPLETED THE TEST. PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS.