English Plus Afternoon Activities because Killarney has so much to offer!
The English Plus Activities Course is designed for those students that wish to take part in a group class in the mornings but would also like to enjoy the school’s interesting and varied afternoon activity programme. The course includes a Saturday Day Trip.
|Course Name||English + Activities (GE3)|
|Age Requirement||18 +|
|Level Requirement||None: 6 different levels available from Beginner to Advanced (A1-C1) Please see a YouTube Playlist describing the different levels|
|Course Length||As required by the student|
|Content||15 hours General English (Group Class)|
|Timetable||Classes available all year 9.45 am –1pm; Mon-Fri Afternoon Activites at Easter and June – September 2-5pm|
|Average Group Size||Sept-June: 1-5 students June-August 6-8 students|
|Price||€450 per week|
Who are the teachers?
All our teachers are experienced English language teachers with university degrees and appropriate English language teacher qualifications. All our teachers are native speakers from Ireland, England and America and are culturally very sensitive. The school directors have been teaching for more than 25 years and also have an MA in TESOL each.
- More details at here
- Please see a short YouTube video of adult students describing their English teachers.
Will my English level improve?
This depends on you! Everyone at the school will do their best to help you to improve your English. Please see a short YouTube Video of students discussing their improvement.
What happens in the afternoons?
There are wonderful afternoon activities in the afternoons from 2-5 pm as well as a day trip on Saturdays, The adult programme has more of a nature and cultural emphasis including visits to Ross Castle, Muckross House, as well as outdoor activities such as cycling and walks in the National Park. Please see 2020 Provisional Adult’s Activity Programme Summer 2020 (2) )
What are the family Day Trips?
Also included is a GE3 Activity Programme every Saturday is a day trip to one of the following destinations:
- Day Trip to Glengarriff boat trip over to Garnish Island; a paradise of gardens and tropical plants.
- Day Trip to the quaint picturesque town of Dingle; boat trip to see Fungi the dolphin with its magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean
- Day Trip to Kenmare and Star Sailing cruise into Kenmare Bay to see the grey seals and other unique wildlife
- Sightseeing visit to Cork including trip to the famous English Market.
Video Reference from Adult Students:
Please see below a YouTube Playlist of short videos of former students describing their experiences in the School of English.
Fees also include:
- All course materials
- An information pack on arrival
- Bus transport to and from school
- Wi-Fi and internet access
- A certificate of attendance and achievement on completion of course
- Free bike rental on a first come first served basis
- Free access to the self-access room with readers, Exam Papers, Pronunciation guides, Reading and Writing Practice, Grammar and Vocabulary Practice, DVDs and English Language Magazines.